Wednesday, April 7, 2010

lil' daddy

I started to write the previously promised second edition of my list of things I love and miss, and realized that I have way too many priceless moments involving Edgar to not give him his own entry. Sometimes I just sit back and watch him. It's mesmerizing. He is one of the funniest kids I know, full of so much life and love; I enjoy every minute with him.


EDGAR:

-After putting on a new shirt, clean shorts, and nice sneakers, asks “Miss Stephanie” to smell the visibly wet spot where he’s just sprayed cologne.

-Rolls his eyes and sighs, “Oh my Josh”

-Currently holds the record for highest possible number of times a bike chain can slip off on the way to the park.

-Stands up, pulls the back of his shirt up, and proceeds to scratch his back on the wall… In the middle of class.

-Makes a joke, giggles, then suddenly serious – “Not funny Miss Stephanie”

-Visits my house and makes sure to share the popcorn with other kids... one piece at a time. When it’s time to leave, he folds up the bottom of his shirt to use as a bowl to stash some popcorn for the road says goodbye and heads out the door... only to return a minute later for a refill.

-Wears too-small wheelie shoes to the park and can hardly make it back home because his feet are dying.

-Lectures Leonie - “Miss Stephanie says we should be nice to people”

-Somehow knows everyone in town. Ohhh Papito.

-Tries to do smooth dance moves and stumbles on his huge hiking boots.

-Tries to sneak up and scare Tanya and, again, stumbles on his hikers and wipes out.

-Burps so he can show off his manners – “Eshcuse me”

-Although referred to by most of the family as "Papito" he much prefers being called Edgar. Possibly due to its higher likelihood of attracting girlfriends.

- Steph – “Ou la la!”

Edgar – “Ay Loo La!”

Steph – “No, Ou la la!”

Edgar – “Ay Loo Loo”

-Consistently interesting perspective on things. Gnome = Chihuahua man. Obviously.

-To shoo the dogs, runs/skips away yelling “Ya Ya Ya!”

-Steph – “No way, Jose!” Edgar (And Josiah) – “Yes Jose!”

-Joins the kids in making crafts and designs for himself a pink sparkly crown.

-Loves to smile, run, dance, learn, quote movies, giggle, and is always jam packed with energy. He's a confident, easy going kid, but not often suprises me with moments sensitivity and intuition. My life is definitely more interesting with Edgar around.

1 comment:

  1. This post definitely made me smile the whole time I was reading it even though I don't know who Edgar is. And I literally LOLed about the gnome part. I love reading about your time, Steph, and am so glad your having such an amazing experience. I look forward to seeing you when you get home and hearing more about your trip. Love you loads!
    Beca

    ReplyDelete